Asset Skills works with the British Parking Association (BPA) to help improve skills across parking. The UK parking profession includes:
- Private operators responsible for off-street parking, eg, car parks, hospital and airport parking
- Local authorities responsible for both on and off-street parking
- Private subcontractors working on on-street parking
- Consultants advising both on and off-street operations
The profession also includes operators carrying out specialist activities such as immobilising and removing vehicles or recovering debt (bailiffs). Based on information from the parking sector workforce survey, it is estimated more than 60,000 people are employed in parking. Of these
- 18,000 work on-street
- 24,500 work in off-street activities
- 10,000 are office based
- 3,000 are in management positions
- 5,000 are in support services (eg, finance, human resources etc)
Collaborating to raise skills in parking.
Asset Skills and BPA join forces to drive up skills.
Reforms affecting training providers in parking.
Parking sector 2011 Workforce Survey.
What drives the parking sector?
Career progression route showing how to advance your career through training.
Check out our careers website that shows the different jobs available in parking.
For further information please visit the British Parking Association website at www.britishparking.co.uk