National Occupational Standards for Cleaning
What are National Occupational Standards?
National Occupational Standards (NOS) are agreed statements of skills, knowledge and understanding required of individuals at work. In particular they:
- describe good practice in particular areas of work
- set out a statement of competence which brings together the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to do the work
- provide managers with a tool for effective workforce management and quality control
- offer a framework for training and development
- form the basis of National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs), Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs) and Vocationally Related Qualifications (VRQs)
Click here for current NOS consultations that are taking place.
To view National Occupational Standards for Cleaning click on the relevant link below.
Cleaning and Support Services Levels 1, 2 and 3
Cleaning Level 2 Assessment Guidance
Cleaning Level 2 Qualifications Structure
Cleaning Level 2 Key Core Skills Signposting
Clean-room cleaning operations
Fire damage limitation work
Health and safety in the workplace
Information communication technology (ICT) equipment
Industrial pressure cleaning operations
Local Environmental Services NOS:
Local Environmental Services
Property, Caretaking and Facilities Services:
Property, Caretaking and Facilities Services
Click here for an in-depth explanation of the standards.